Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Goodbye my fluffy friend

I still can’t type this without tears rolling down my cheeks....
We learned suddenly that my friends service dog was diagnosed at just 7 years old with a terminal cancer. Little did any of us realize, he would be gone in just 8 days. 




Sweet Lincoln had been VIP at school the week prior, listing Baylor as his "pet" on the VIP poster. Although we all know that Baylor was more than a pet, Lincoln believed he was a little bit his own.  



To say we made the most of those days is an understatement. He was spoiled and loved and snuggled and fed. 
For his entire service dog career, he would come into the office suite every day and march right into my office. He'd even open my door if it were closed, all just to come in and say hello! His last morning was no different. My door was almost closed and he stuck his nose against it and pushed, letting himself in for a good morning rub. He looked fine and sweet and almost healthy. He was gone just a few hours later.



Rest in Peace sweet boy.



No comments: