Wednesday, October 09, 2019

First days of school

We are 6 weeks into the school year and I’m finally getting around to posting the first day of school photos. 
Regan started first, the day after Labor Day. Though it was warm and sunny, she insisted on needing a big chunky sweater because all of her classes are in the basement this year. She was chipper and excited to be back into the swing of things. Though 2 weeks in, she admitted that she missed summer and should’ve better taken advantage of those weeks off from school. 




Lincoln and Sidney got an extra day at home with me, where we ended up taking Sidney in for an ear infection (good way to start the school year) and visiting their classrooms for assessment day. By the time their big day rolled around, they were both so eager and anxious to start a new year. 

Lincoln headed off to kindergarten without hesitation. He loves his teacher, has made new friends and from his self-report, is not one of the naughty kids in the class :) 
He wants to be a tiger trainer or race car driver, and is most excited about adding. We worked on reading last night and I’m blown away by his skills already! And in true kindergarten boy fashion, his favorite subjects are lunch and recess.




Sidney entered her last year of elementary school, and her only year sharing a school with Lincoln. She’s excited to be the oldest in the school and ready to take on her role as Kindergarten Bus Buddy, ensuring several kinders each day get to the right bus after school. 
She adores her teacher, wishes she was with some of her besties, but is happy with her friend group in class. 



They let me walk them into school, but Lincoln stopped me at the door and told me he was good from there. Oh baby boy, growing up so fast :)


I opted to bring lunch to Lincoln and Sidney one of the first days, mostly so I could peek in and meet some of their buddies. Love seeing them amongst their peers.



I'm thankful that she still lets me join her lunch....and I know all too well that this will likely be the last year she lets me do so.




No comments: