Monday, October 29, 2018

Jay Cooke State Park


For as many times as we drove up 35W, we have never made a stop at Jay Cooke State Park. The opportunity presented itself recently and we had an afternoon to explore en route to our final destination. 
With some recent rains, the waters were moving pretty quickly, which made me panic slightly whenever Lincoln got too close to the edge. 


The beauty of the swinging footbridge is heavenly. Sadly it's tough to get a good picture because of the amount of people. I settled for a picture of Regan with the river behind her.
Sure is peaceful out there. 




These rocks were a lot of fun to climb around (plus I was very happy to see some calmer waters one one side). 





 At the top of the rocks there is a very smooth rock to lay on and perch over the river. It's scary and exciting and peaceful all at the same time! Lincoln loved perching up there, I would've been more at peace if he was in a lifejacket. 


This scene warms my heart, because as everyday life happens, they bicker and fight like two sisters do. I hope and pray that they will end up best of friends as they grow old. 


No comments: