Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Summer lovin'

In between our summer of fields, we have had an opportunity to take advantage of the gorgeous Minnesota weather. It saddens me that we really only have 3 great months of weather. And I continually question why on earth we live in such a climate. But I digress....
 
One goal this summer is to venture to a few Waterparks that our great metro area has to offer. We recently headed to Cascade Bay for a day of fun in the sun. The kids went non stop for 4 hours, moving from one slide to the other. Lincoln continues to prove his skills to every Lifeguard he encounters, politely first asking if he can go down the particular slide in mind. The folks at this place insisted on asking one of the girls for verification (nearly every time) that he could, in fact, make it to the side.
And he had no problem at all.
 
Ryan's goal this summer was to get me back out on the golf course. For those that don't know, we met on a golf course, many (many many) years ago! So with Hope's gracious babysitting skills, we were able to double date with some friends for a round of golf and dinner. It felt really good to be back out there, having played only once in the last 12 years. Shockingly I didn't do so bad either! I joked that Ryan better look out, I may start crashing more of his golf outings :)
 
 
We have spent many evenings pool side, complete with dilly bars in hand :) When a family with a pint-sized friend comes over, Lincoln gets super excited and giddy. We love having some built in entertainment just steps from our door.
 
 
One other focus this summer was for Lincoln to learn to ride his 2 wheel bike. This little boy was determined I tell you. And with the help of his incredible Strider bike, it took him just 3 tries and he was off. There was none of the "run behind and hold onto the seat" business. He just picked up his feet and rode! Now that heavy orange bike is carted around everywhere with us. I somehow managed to get his bike, Sidney's softball bag and Regan's big catcher bag into my tiny trunk along with all of our other items (collapsible wagon, extra clothes, balls, etc) each weekend.
 
 
I tend to take off a lot of time from work in the summer. Sometimes I'm better at unplugging than others. When we venture out to explore, I have little choice. Since Lincoln loves the zoo, we decided to head over to Como to not only see the animals, but also enjoy Como Town.
Sid might look a little big for those cars, but I promise she had fun :)
 
 
With a tiny white lie, Regan was able to take him on some extra rides (shhhh, don't tell anyone that she isn't actually 14 years old). He was so excited to ride on this tiger ride!
 
 
Oh my goodness I could have watched them on this ride all day long! I love their sweet giggles as the Frog Hopper went up and down. Sidney's endearing glance over to Lincoln is enough to melt my heart. She was so interested in ensuring he was having fun!
 
 
We sure are packing a lot in these 3 months of summer. I know it's already August, but I'm not ready to let these days go and head back to school in just another month.

No comments: