Monday, August 27, 2018

A week in review

In an effort to soak up as much sun and time off from school, I took off work for a full week of kid-centered fun. It was 10 days of finding fun, sometimes at home, sometimes not. Don't get me wrong, we did plenty of cleaning, cooking and projects around the house too :)
 
Regan started off with a quick trip north with a gaggle of girlfriends where she skied, surfed, played and had a complete blast. This girl would live on water if she could! She had an absolutely lovely time taking in as much water fun as she possibly could.  
 
 
Sidney decided to host her birthday party in August rather than wait until her real birthday in September so she could enjoy a pool party this year. She gathered up a group of friends who helped her celebrate on what turned into a sunny beautiful day. I'm so thankful we opted for this type of party this year, she was beyond excited and it was everything she wanted it to be (she planned it entirely herself, including doing most of the decorations!).
 
 
We started back up with fall ball season after a quick week off. Living with a pitcher and a catcher in the house, we tend to spend more time than many on the fields putting in extra hours. Sidney in particular has been working hard on achieving some of her own goals for this season. I'm so proud of how far she has come in a short time-span. She will start this next fall ball season as the starting pitcher and is so proud to have that title :) I'm happy to spend my day behind that plate acting as her catcher and encouraging her as she gets in some extra reps.
 
 
Not to be forgotten, our little man Lincoln had a great week hanging out at home. He loves to do tricks with Ryan in the pool (who can clearly toss him way higher than I can!). Lord help this boy who has no desire to sleep past 6:07am on most mornings, including my week off! Thanks buddy. I often chuckle at my friends when we talk about "sleeping in"....to me, that would mean anything past 6:40am. I don't ask for a lot, but I'd love to get an extra 30 minutes when I don't have to be up for work!
 
 
We headed out with the family for an early anniversary celebration (softball prevented celebrating on the actual date). If we couldn't actually re-live our Honeymoon in Hawaii this August, we could certainly pretend! The kids got a kick out of this place :)
 
 
And the atmosphere at Psycho Suzie's does not disappoint!....nor does this awesome face I get to look at daily.
 
 
Cheers to many more years!
 
 
I swear we didn't only play ball on my week off!, but by the pictures, it sort of looks like it. Lincoln loves when the girls have a private lesson because it means he gets to feed the pitching machine. Safety first, that blue helmet looks good on him.
 
 
We spent some time around Lake Harriet and the fun shops nearby. I had offered to take them on a day trip but no one was overly excited for an hour car ride, and so Lake Harriet sufficed. By mid week, Regan's allergies were raging and she was feeling pretty miserable (and too cranky to join this picture).
 
 
A trip near the lakes is never complete without a stop at Wild Rumpus, the coolest bookstore I have ever entered. Cats roaming around, rats (in cages!), birds and fish, sometimes even chickens. We love it!
 
 
And of course, I may have spent endless hours with the kiddos sitting poolside enjoying the sun, soaking up as much Vitamin D as humanly possible. Because like I continue to tell the girls, we can watch TV in January!
 

By the end of 10 days, I was sad it was over and thankful I have a job that I love so I didn't have to be too tearful leaving them.


No comments: