Friday, December 08, 2017

Christmas season

Following Thanksgiving, it suddenly felt that the Christmas season was quickly upon us! We headed out on a warm November Friday and picked out our tree at the usual spot. It's a local distributor and they entice us with free sleigh rides! And photos with the Big Man himself. There also happens to be an incredible playground nearby and the kids played while Ryan and I found the perfect tree. Proved to be the perfect combination.



We spent the weekend decorating and talking about Christmas and Lincoln honestly thought he was going to get presents from Santa each  night. Every night, he went to bed and announced Santa would be coming because it was CHRISTMAS! Despite our efforts to remind him it was only the "Christmas SEASON". He prevailed.


Our Elf-Ellie made an early return one morning too. Back story, Sidney lost a tooth and was so excited for the Tooth Fairy to come overnight. The next morning, with tears in her eyes, she opened the bathroom door while I was getting ready for work and informed me the fairy hadn't come. She crawled back into bed feeling deflated. Thankfully, with some quick thinking, the Elf appeared in our newly decorated tree with a note and $5 she had kept safe from the Tooth Fairy. Sidney came down the stairs eventually and her eyes were as big as saucers when she saw 1) that Ellie was back and 2) her tooth money! Win for mom ;) And that elf has been up to no good ever since!





We've done (a lot) of shopping, scouring the stores for deals and Regan even asked to check out the Black Friday hoopla with me. It was sure a fun afternoon hanging out with her. We 've pulled out all of our Christmas decorations and decked the halls, inside and out.
We're gearing up for some ugly Christmas sweater parties and cannot wait to take a family picture with those things. I found this one for Ryan and he nearly gagged at the sight! ha!!



The Christmas parties have started and there are more on the calendar. I was able to make the trek back to New Ulm for a party on my mom's side with Regan as my side kick. I had to chuckle as we chatted that afternoon...."boy these parties sure have changed!". What used to be a rocking night of music, drinks, games and pranks, has turned into a Sunday afternoon in a retirement community lounge room with coffee and hotdish! :) But I sure love these faces and was happy to be in their company and with the group of 40 some people that day.

There's more Christmas to come, more shopping to do and baking to start. My goal is to slow down a little too, it's been 'run here, race there' lately and I'm hopeful for some more nights in with this little family of my own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GJ: Thank you two for being there. It means a lot to me.