Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Christmas celebrations




Tis the season for all of the Christmas celebrating. We are in the middle of some good times around here, song-singing, music-playing, cookie-eating fun. Oh and don't forget the shopping...that seriously is one of my most favorites! We're full into Christmas mode around here.
This past weekend was a doozey, with my own work Christmas party (ugly sweaters and all!), some school music programs (with kids performing all of 8 minutes!), and my brother and Jon in town for our first family Christmas celebration. It was a whirlwind of a weekend, buzzing here there and everywhere yet soaking in all of the time together.

At one point, amidst all of the present chaos, a fat Santa glass ornament went tumbling off our Christmas tree and rolled towards the group. Since no one was near the tree at the time, Ryan chuckled that it was a squirrel. My mom and I looked at each other and in unison said "or someone....", knowing full well what the other was thinking. We sure missed my dad this weekend, with his antics and our traditionally exchanged gag gift, but at that moment, I knew he was with us. In some form, he's here and I take comfort in his presence.


We had a great time this weekend, eating and baking to our hearts content. Leaves me wishing every weekend was Christmas!

No comments: