Tuesday, September 05, 2017

MN State Fair 2017

As per tradition, we headed to the Great MN Get together once again this year. I like to think that we experience more than food, but it seems to be that we continue to simply eat our way through the fair year after year. Sure we see animals, and shows, take in some tunes and look at exhibits, but the food is really what draws us there. 

Lincoln just loved the fair this year. We started off with a Sky Glide ride and loved every minute of it. This was new to me (and him) and we enjoyed seeing the fair from above. Plus I'm really glad we got to do something new! We also took in the dog-dive show this year. 

The kids went on a few rides (thankfully not nearly as many as year's past....let's face it, I'm over it when it comes to the fair). As far as I'm concerned (taking safety into consideration here too) Valleyfair is for rides, the State fair is not! But I obliged and we spent some time at the kidway. 

Ryan and all the kiddos went down the giant slide, something I tend to try most years as well but opted to take pictures this year instead :) I loved seeing all of their smiling faces coming down, almost better than being on the ride itself is watching their reactions. 

Lincoln is prone to accidents lately and he wiped out pretty hard, skinning up his elbows. Luckily his timing was perfect, he managed to trip over his own feet right next to the First Aid building so we quickly bandaged him up and were on our way. 

....to find more food. Seriously, we eat a lot but I managed to come home feeling hungry! Cheese curds, peanut logs, toasted almonds, french fries, turkey sandwich, Scotch eggs, big pickles, hot dogs and pronto pups....that just names a few of the items sampled by our crew :) YUM!!

No comments: