Saturday, September 16, 2017

Glimpse into our day

We're moderately overbooked at the moment. And I'm doing all I can to keep it in check. Sometimes I barely can communicate all of the happenings to Ryan, and he's left looking at the calendar in real time texting me with a "what in the world does _____ mean?" ha!!
 
Today was one of those days:

Sidney had a well-child doctor appointment, at the same time Lincoln had swimming lessons. So I dropped off Regan at school, headed to swimming while Ryan headed to the doctor with Sidney before bringing her to school. So far so good, all was on track :)
 

From there, we picked up lunch and put it in the pre-packed cooler in the car for later (I'll get to that part in a moment). Lincoln and I dashed across the city to his Early Childhood Screen with the school district where he impressed both myself and the teacher with his smarts. I have to brag just a little, the teacher came over to me at the end and says "You guys must talk to him a lot, and read to him. He uses sentences that include the word "actually!"". I giggled inside :) He has 2 very verbal older sisters, sometimes he also uses words that he shouldn't!


About at that moment, Ryan sent a text...."where are you?" "Why does he need to do this?". Turns out, I had forgotten to share (or he had missed seeing) the paperwork that came in the mail, the multiple forms laying on the counter over the last 2 months, and the note sitting next to all of it reminding me to grab his birth certificate. *face palm*

 

Thankfully, with flying colors, he passed his screen and we were on to our next adventure: Lunch with Sidney at school to celebrate her birthday!! Oh, and might as well sign up to read to her class too! Sure was a full morning! Ryan gladly handed that duty over to me, exclaiming "those 3rd graders probably read better than I do"! ha. At least he knew where I was headed this time.
Excuse the mouthful of food and crazy faces, the picture is too funny to keep to myself.
 

By 1:30 we were home and it was nap time. Unfortunately, by 3pm, Regan was no where in sight (she had instructions to walk home since there wasn't cross country) so I plucked Lincoln out of his crib in search of her wanderings after school. Ryan got a few frantic texts from me, as he sat helpless in a meeting. I was the crazy mom, worried sick that my child had been picked up in a windowless van. Rest assured, she was just fine. Sitting safely outside the elementary school exclaiming she didn't feel like walking home so was waiting at the elementary school for me at pick up (they get out almost an hour later). more *face palms*; slight miscommunication.  


 
We managed to sit as a family of 4 around the dinner table (Ryan had to work late), but I call it a win. I made dinner, like a real dinner, instead of the eat on the go sort of a dinner like we had been eating ALL.WEEK.LONG. And we were mostly all around the same table. Score! Regan and Sidney convinced me to take them to the high school football game along with a slew of friends so we headed there to wrap up our chaotic day. Friday night lights anyone? In doing the math, I'm pretty sure this will be my spot for close to the next 20 years. And that's not much of a joke!

 
 
We had fun, we are figuring out a new schedule and getting into a rhythym. Soon we'll all know where we are headed and why we are going there. Hopefully we'll have a few less messages asking "what in the world does _____ mean?"!!

No comments: