Saturday, August 15, 2015

The middle

Our dear Sidney is growing up before our eyes. She's funny and sweet, stubborn and strong-willed all wrapped up into a ball of energy! 
Apparently her lack of good sleeping as a baby was a preview of her 'not-so-great' sleep habits as a child. Sure, she sleeps through the night (thank goodness!), but she fights an 8pm bedtime like no other and is up at the CRACK of dawn....like 9pm-6:15am on a typical day. 
I'm seriously questioning this girls' actual hours of sleep during that time too, and here's why: she has lost a total of 5 teeth and THREE of them came out in the middle of the night. THREE!? Who loses a tooth in their sleep?, let alone three! The latest was at 12:34am (I know, because she wakes me up). She taps on my body, smiles with her hand out as I open my eyes and sigh "did you just pull out your tooth?". 
Girl! 


And then, she's got a little attitude too (coupled with chronic lack of sleep)....oh boy, talk about testing our limits! The other day, she grabbed Lincoln just as I was sitting down for morning coffee and asked him "do you want to go dance?". He jumped at the offer (the boy loves to dance) and they raced into the toy room. She glanced over at me (mind you, I was moments from my first sip of coffee), and declared "you dance mom. I don't want to", as she ran out to find something else to play. WHAT!? Little stinker. 


Thank goodness that she is just as fun and sweet as she is stubborn and strong-willed. 
We love you our sweet Sidney!

No comments: