Wednesday, January 14, 2015

travel on a whim

Each hour of every day, I am inundated with emails upon emails. Things that I have signed up for, and others that I have not. So most of the time, I don't bother to look at emails from airlines with the subject "Discount Airfare". But last Tuesday, something made me click on that email and right there on top it stated a huge sale on airfare to South Padre Island. That destination just happens to be where my parents spend a couple of months each winter.


I jokingly forwarded the message to both Ryan and my mom with a message "wouldn't this be fun?", and let's just say it got the ball rolling. Quickly, I realized that I was already going to have the time off from work (previously scheduled) and so there really wasn't much preventing me from jumping on the opportunity.....except that my lovely other half didn't have the time off from work, nor was he going to be able to secure the time off. And I had about 8 hours to make a decision, or the sale price would be washed away.


I did some thinking, a lot of fretting, and ultimately, we decided that I should pack up the kids and get out of Minnesota for a few days! What in the world was I thinking?....me and 3 kids traveling 1500 miles by ourselves!? Boy was it ever worth the experience. This was the girls reaction when they were informed that in just a few days, we were leaving for Texas:


I think they were kinda excited.
We packed a lot of fun into our long weekend away, but it was relaxing and fun and an experience. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. And I thank my awesome husband for (hesitantly) encouraging us to go; he was very nervous to send me off alone with the 3 kiddos. And thanks to my parents for all the help and love they showered us with during our trip.

I'll write all about our fun trip next...to be continued

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I your visit here will definetly be the highlight of our stay. Thank you for wanting to be with us.