Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful for...

With a newborn in our arms, we opted to spend Thanksgiving a little closer to home this year. Let's just say "there's no place like home"! It was a busy couple of days, as we hosted both sides of the immediate family and feasted on some good food. Sidney went to bed last night and asked her list of questions to stall; one of which was "are we going to kill the turkey tomorrow?". Bless her heart. And thankfully NO, we did not have to shoot the turkey today! 

Ben and Jon flew into town and brought two adorable pups all the way from DC for the holiday! The girls were simply in their glory to spend two days with the dogs. After they left (on the first day), I heard Regan say "I'm not going to wash my hands because it smells like dog and will remind me of the puppies". 
Eventually she washed her hands :) But I have to agree, those two fur balls sure are cute!

I'm pretty sure Lincoln got a little spoiled by all the attention too. 

This is what we are thankful for: three healthy kids surrounded by love. 

My mom has been wanting a family picture for quite some time (not an easy feat when Ben/Jon live half way across the country). Today she got her wish. We set up the camera's timer and viola: 
Happy Thanksgiving 
2014

No comments: