Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Newborn

Here we are, a week into life with a newborn. And boy we couldn't be happier. Sure I'm sleep deprived, and the girls run my patience short with their whining antics (although that part isn't entirely new), but we are loving every second of life with a newborn. 
Here's a run down of how Lincoln is doing: 
* He eats every 2-4 hours, depending on time of day. Sometimes at night he can go 4 hours between feedings, and sometimes in the evenings he will cluster feed every hour. He nurses quite well in comparison to the girls (Regan was technically preemie so I shouldn't compare). 
* He loves to be held, whether it's the girls or someone else. 
* He stares at the light we have in our TV room like it's the most soothing thing. If he's crabby, we just face him towards it and he often quiets down. 
* As for diapers....he's giving me a run for my money! I think I have been peed on daily. And it's not for lack of "covering it up", because I do, but the second I pull the diaper down to give him a wipe or apply diaper cream, he's like a water spout. Shooting everywhere! 
* Sidney has helped me give him several baths and he is so content while she washes his hair. As for the rest of the sponge bath, I think he would prefer we skip them. 
* And despite being nearly 9 1/2 lbs at birth, yes, he still wears newborn diapers and clothing; a question I seem to field regularly.

Isn't he just a sweetie!  
Ryan thought I should pose with that "Just Born" sticker on my belly instead....funny man. 

No comments: