Saturday, December 31, 2011

Wizard of Oz

I think Regan happens to be one very lucky little 5 year old; and I happen to be one very lucky mommy. Not only has she been to see Annie , but yesterday, her and I went to see the Wizard of Oz playing at the Children's Theater. 
 Looking at this glass blown piece of art never gets old to me. Regan's not quite as mesmerized as I am...yet.
 I like to think she's just too excited for what lies ahead than to pay attention to anything around her. She is a girl with a newfound love for theater. I was a bit nervous, thinking this show would frighten her (nasty looking witch, crazy eyed monkeys, tornados, etc). But instead, she sat in anticipation of each song and act, jumping in reaction to various scenes but overall, completely loving each and every second. She won't admit it, but I'm quite certain her favorite character was the Lion. She giggled and laughed (as did the rest of the crowd), to his silly antics. 
Thanks for spending the evening with me, Regan! 
And for those of you who think Sidney was left out...stay tuned, she gets a chance for a mommy/daughter date in just a couple of weeks as we head out for the newest Elmo Live show. 

No comments: