Sunday, December 18, 2011

Como Zoo

Knowing the temps were going to be record highs today, and knowing we hadn't seen the zoo animals in a while, I took the girls over to Como this morning to check things out. We've been to the zoo countless times. And never have we seen the animals so full of energy. Apparently they are just as excited for this gorgeous weather as we are! 
Penguins were swimming around, coming up to the window to say 'hi' and scaring the dickens out of Sidney as she wasn't expecting their faces to hit eye level. 
A big pickle in the polar bear's pool; taken just for Aunt Cindy!
 This guy put on quite a show. He jumped into the water over and over, playing with various toys, pushing them against the glass and jumping on top of them. It was incredible! Click HERE for a video.
 The lions, while calm, were wide awake and Regan commented "he's looking at me mom" and in my head I thought "and thinking you'd be a good lunch!". (yes, I go to the dark place sometimes)
 This guy scared me. He was pacing back and forth, and Regan said he was just "thinking" while he paced, but his roars told me otherwise. I started praying. Seriously. 
The chimps were playing in t-shirts, peek-a-boo, putting them on, taking them off, rolling around as they got caught up in them. Simply adorable.  
The sign of a successful zoo trip: 

No comments: