Sunday, December 11, 2011

Welcome home mommy!


I spent 24 hours away from the girls at a "Girls' night" with my college girlfriends. This was a big deal. It was my very first time away from the girls overnight. Regan is nearly 6 and Sidney is 3. I have never been away from them overnight (I did spend 2 nights away from Regan while giving birth to Sidney....but apparently that only counts in my book because everyone told me "that doesn't count").
So I had a fantastic time with some amazing friends shopping, wine tasting, dinner out and a night out.
My homecoming was simply the best! As I worked on opening the door, I could hear screaming inside "mooommmmyyy!" and then I barely made it inside the door and was tackled by these two beauties. Boy did I feel loved :) Regan had tears in her eyes as she climbed up on my lap not wanting to let go.
I love these girls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This makes me smile. I'm happy to hear about your nice homecoming, and very happy you came for a holiday night out! Happy holidays! Love, Jen