Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Kindergarten

I said it. Kindergarten. We're gearing up to have a kindergartner! And tonight, we received this (among many other forms, lists, etc).
And I found myself wondering, how did our little tiny Regan go from this:
to this!!!
I'm not sure about feeling ready for kindergarten. Then again, I don't think I get a say in the matter. She will turn 5 years old in just a couple of weeks and her preschool teachers have informed us that she is ready to proceed with school.
YIKES!
YEA!
There's a lot of emotion from this mama. And wouldn't you know it, her biggest concern is "what about Ben? (aka: the boyfriend). Where will he go to school?".
sigh.
priorities.
She's ready for this next step. I know that. Ryan found it silly to think about Kindergarten in February. Nonetheless, we went to registration tonight; filled out forms, handed in money (yes, it costs money!!), listened to the principal tell us all about the education of our new school-aged daughter and got all excited to see her come out of the classroom proud to tell us about her kindergarten (visit) experience.
So all of this work:
...is paying off.
But let me have my preschooler back for another 7 months!
I'll give up my kindergartner on September 7th, and watch as she prepares to the class of 2024!

1 comment:

Kari Wendinger said...

It's always hard to let go of the current stage but so exciting to move on to the next. Regan will love it and you'll love to see all she will learn!