Monday, February 14, 2011

Birthday Eve-2/14/11

Valentine's day means something a bit more special for us. While most people are talking about love and relationships and marriage, we reflect on the arrival of our first born baby girl! I probably didn't realize what February 15, 2006 was going to bring for me, but I do remember sitting on the couch that Valentine's night while Ryan cleaned up dinner (I will never forget having spaghetti for dinner that night either, because I was too tired to make dinner plans!).

Today, as I called Regan "my 4 year old" about 400 times, I found myself remembering wrapping her in like a burrito, jaundiced and all, just so happy to have our baby girl!
And watching her go from a teeny tiny baby to a bouncing toddler right before our eyes!
And now suddenly....she's about to turn 5!!
Boy was she excited to celebrate tonight, complete with dessert, or "sert" as Sidney calls it.
Happy 5th Birthday eve to our big girl!!

2 comments:

Kari Wendinger said...

Happy birthday you big 5-year-old! Can't believe that's even possible. Hope you have a super fun day! Love you....

Roz said...

Wow...love those newborn photos. Can't get enough of them. Sounds like you all had a great day!! 5 is awesome - one of my favorites yet!