Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Perspective

This large red and white sign hanging in our front yard for the last 56 days is a sign of a house full of stress. Fifty-six days of poorly-timed showings, multiple open houses, no personal items left out, all toys packed away, daily vacumming routines and a meticulously maintained home. Our patience is wearing thin, all 4 of us. Today I was complaining to a coworker of mine about having a home on the market and the stress involved. Up walked a little boy, sporting a trach, carrying his blanket with his parents close behind as he headed back to his room at Children's Hospital next door. I stopped dead in my tracks, realizing that no matter how stressed I feel right now, my life can't even compare to that little boy's life. So, sale or no sale, we have our health and for that I am thankful. Sure put life in perspective today.

Best of all, I got to play with this adorable face for over 2 hours at the park tonight (while someone else enjoyed the comforts of my incredibly clean, well-maintained, on the market home).

And we had a blast together!

No comments: