Friday, June 12, 2020

Silver linings


I have worked inside the walls of a hospital for 17 years. Face to face with a team of doctors, nurses, therapists and others. My daily schedule consists of seeing patients and families, meetings and phone calls. In a matter of days, I was deployed to home and spent the first month feeling like I was learning a brand new job. Only it wasn’t new. It was just being done remote.
And it was hard.
 
During all of my education, we are taught to read non-verbals, and now I was doing my job over the phone. It felt impossible. But I eventually got the hang of it, and now I kind of like it. Or at least parts of it. ..like the being at home part.

Despite the challenges of being deployed to work from home, I’m going to miss this. And I’m realizing this time has truly been a blessing.
 
Although we are predominately staying home, the kids have some increased freedoms they didn't previously have while we were away at work.

Like hanging in the front yard.


Mom getting them snacks mid-day.


Swimming all day, everyday.



And 24 hours, 7 days per week of together time.
Oh wait, they could use a break from each other every now and then :)


No comments: