Sunday, September 09, 2018

10 years old-Birthday eve

It's funny that when you are pregnant and expecting a little one, people tell you over and over "it goes by fast". But we don't really comprehend the meaning of those words until years down the road when "it's gone by fast". 
On this night 10 years ago, I was big and pregnant and barely fitting into even maternity clothes. 
Although nothing fit, and I could barely reach my feet to put on shoes, I still adored every second of pregnancy. 
And that next day, when I drove to work with some back pain, I thought nothing of it. Even as I sat through a meeting, trying to get comfortable because of that back pain, it never crossed my mind that I was having contractions. 
Until at 11am, as a patient was leaving my office, my water broke. Right then and there, I hovered over a garbage can frantically calling Ryan, then my mom (who happened to be babysitting Rehab), and then some coworkers. And it was a mad scramble after that...tho all I had to do was go up 2 floors to the labor and delivery floor! Ryan on the other hand had to drive my parents stick shift truck, killing it on a not-so-safe neighborhood near the hospital. And then was directed into the wrong room where another mom was giving birth. Good stories! 

Next thing we know, this little one has entered the world. All crabby looking and fussy. I spent the next 5 months holding her or she wouldn't sleep (and I have permanent shoulder issues to prove it!). 
These last 10 years have gone remarkably fast. But I can still feel her nestle into my arms as she finally was quiet. 


She was loved from the start and we adore her still today....although Regan certainly doesn't cuddle and coo over her anymore :) 


She goes to bed our 9 year old, and tomorrow enters double digits....and a GOLDEN birthday at that! 
I put this sign on her door after she fell asleep tonight :) 


Happy birthday eve Sidney! 

No comments: