Friday, May 18, 2018

Date with Mom

On the heels of Mother’s Day, I had a moment to reflect on how much this wonderful woman means to me! I know I wasn’t always the easiest kid, but she sure did the one thing that mattered the most: loved me regardless. 

We had an opportunity to see her favorite rock band of all time-Bon Jovi at the end of last month. It was a great evening of drinks and songs and uninterrupted conversations at dinner (unheard of with our crew of 3!). A bittersweet night, knowing it was last spring we were supposed to see him, but Dad had other plans for us that day. 

We had an absolute blast singing songs and reminiscing about her love for Jon and his wild 80’s hairstyle!

Searching hard through photo albums, I located only a few pictures of the two of us. I’ve s mcd made a promise to myself to take more pictures with each of our kids. I love this candid shot, and the way her heart speaks out in her eyes. 

Thanks for a great night at the concert and a Happy Mother’s Day mom! 

No comments: