Monday, July 31, 2017

Summer fun: family style

I'm only moderately embarrassed by the number of pictures on my iPhone. But what's worse, is that I am keeping all of these great moments locked up on my phone! Life has just been so full for us that I'm having a hard time finding a quiet moment to share our memories and photos. But here we go....

A few weeks back, I took a week off from work to spend gallivanting around this wonderful metropolis, having a grand time with the kiddos.We saw some things new, experienced some things old but most importantly, made memories to last a lifetime. I love making the most of our days! 

We spent some time on the renovated Old Cedar Avenue bridge, a place that only Lincoln and I had visited last fall during the grand opening. Turns out, it makes a great location for some great pictures. 


And because it feels a bit like a hidden gem, it's a nice open spot for Regan to race along on her hoover board. Talk about perfect location! 


I get so happy when my kiddos oblige and let me take photo after photo without complaining (too much). 


I was blessed with a visit from my BFF and her adorable kiddos, sadly this was the only photo I took! I'm going to say we were simply too wrapped up in conversation to think about taking photos. 


The kids ask every summer if we can rent bikes at Minihaha Falls. We adore the falls in any season, but in summer they rent out bikes for a whole family. Let's just say Regan and I got worked that morning as we pedaled around the falls :) 


We had some time before the rental place opened so we hiked down to the bottom of the falls and around one of my most favorite places in the middle of the city. 



We're finally at a point in life where I don't have to carry a small (or big!) child up those stairs. I'm both happy and sad about that fact....


It was H.O.T. that morning and we got a workout! But we got many laughs as well! Lincoln refused to sit up front with Sidney, thinking he could instead "drive". Thankfully Regan's steering wheel didn't actually control anything; but when he hopped on her lap to "drive", it rendered her virtually useless to pedal. Yea that didn't last very long as I tried to move that thing on my own. I may have also driven us into a few tree branches which created belly laughs for all of us. Oh, and Sidney is a little long to be sitting up front and we had to enlist the help of some passer-bys to help free her from her perch! 


I think I've mentioned before that we used to take the girls to Como Park/Zoo several times every year. And by the time Lincoln came along, they were over the excitement of that place and it often feels like I'm dragging them along. However, Como opens up their ride/amusement park in the summer and our kids still enjoy going on rides (Ryan included  though he had to work). I'm so happy the girls take a break from the sole roller coaster for a few kiddie rides with their little bro. 


Helps that we added a few friends to the mix at Como. Each girl had a buddy join us and it meant I had an adult to chat the day away! 


And it worked out well that everyone wanted to take a ride break and walk around the zoo, checking out all the lazy animals, many of who were taking their afternoon nap. Boo :( 


Of course, there was plenty of time spent swimming in the backyard, on one of (what feels like) 100 inflatables. Seriously, we are busting at the seams with inflatable toys around here! Our pool shed is filled to the max and they keep wanting to add more! 


Summer is never complete without a trip to Wild Rumpus bookstore. Even if we don't purchase anything, the experience alone is one to write about. It reminds me of the family-owned book store in the movie "You've Got Mail'....
only better. 
Because Wild Rumpus has animals. Cats, tarantulas, chickens, all roaming free around the place! Yes, it's incredible!
And this picture below is in the bathroom mirror. When the lights are off, it glows a real fish tank. Turn the lights on, and you're staring at your reflection in the mirror. 
The kids (and adults!) just love it! 


Lincoln's balance bike abilities have soared this summer. He's so good and really fun to watch. Toss in a little commentary from me: "not so fast!", "be careful!", "watch out!" and you've got yourself some entertainment too. (Click HERE for a short video). He brought the bike around the nearby lake when we went for a walk, errr, I ended up running along side him. He's that good!


 I took this photo of Regan because I have the same photo of her as a little girl. And I just can't believe how grown up she is already. 


7 years ago already....how did that happen?!

We had an incredible 10 days together; memories to last a lifetime. These 3 are our entire world and I'm so happy to find new adventures with them!

No comments: