Saturday, April 22, 2017

Easter 2017

Easter has always been one of my most favorite holidays. I love spring-time and the budding flowers, the happy colors, the sunshine and of course, the warmer weather. Easter was also the first holiday that we started to host so that makes it another reason to love it (insert: no travel!).





Sadly, this year, Easter was the first holiday without my dad. It wasn't just that he wouldn't be there with us, but historically he has played a pretty important role in our holiday gathering. He did all the cooking (while the rest of us went to church) AND he ran around hiding over 100 Easter eggs to give the kiddos a pretty big hunt. SHHHHHH, they never knew who hid those eggs all those years and Sidney has hoped for a picture or glimpse of that bunny each and every year.


This year we had to make some changes and Ryan/Arnie both stayed back from church (apparently what my dad was able to handle took 2 people to do....I'm teasing :). They did a wonderful job and the meal was great and the kids enjoys their hunt.


(no we didn't get a dog, but glad he and Angie got to spend the day with us. Baylor loved the big fenced in backyard). 
The bunny found these pretty cool inflatable loungers to give the girls in their baskets this year (they begged for them during our visit to South Padre Island but with Easter around the corner, I knew it would be a perfect gift!). The girls lounged in these things all afternoon. I hope they'll make for a comfy place to hang out this summer, especially during long tournament weekends.


 I didn't feel the same excitement as I usually do this Easter. It just wasn't the same, I could sense something was missing. We're doing our best to put smiles on our faces each day, but there isn't a day go by that I don't think about my dad and Easter was no different.

Thankfully we have these 3 to remind us of the life we have to live.


No comments: