Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Summer fun and the 4th of July

We had a pretty busy 4th of July weekend that started out several days before the actual 4th. With the recent craziness at the hospital where I work, my vacation time was shuffled around to accommodate for the nurses strike. That meant in 19 days, I will have only worked 3! We took full advantage of the long weekend touring around our lovely city and checking out all sorts of sights.




Once the 4th finally rolled around, the weather cooled off (sad I know!) but we had fun anyway. Grandma Sheri brought up this boat that kept me dry with clothes on so of course, Papa had to try it and the kids thought it was hilarious! The best part was watching him try to get in and out of it....we were all waiting for him to topple into the pool :)


As scared as this always makes me, I do love to take action shots of Ryan doing back-flips into the pool.


Lincoln's favorite part of the swing set lately is the glider, and he insists someone should give him an 'under-dog'; yea that hasn't happened yet. Keep tryin' kiddo!


When Uncle Shane lived with us for a summer 3 years ago, he babysat the kids and together, they tossed pancakes into the street to watch cars drive over them.
Why?
I have no idea.
Because he's Uncle Shane.
And ever since then, he has told the girls (+Lincoln now) that they could toss sausage into the street some day. Well, the day finally arrived and the kids were ecstatic! Those sausage links turned immediately into patties each time they were crushed by a car. And everyone thought it was pretty funny.
Not sure what they'll think of next!?


We had a great 4th of July weekend....only 3 short days of work and I'm off for another stretch of fun!


No comments: