Monday, November 30, 2015

O Christmas Tree

The girls and I have always enjoyed decorating the Christmas tree, something we do together each and every year. Sidney had to miss out on a part of the tree decorating (her social calendar is getting busier by the day!). So Regan and I got started early. As she gets older (and taller) she has been able to help with the lights in addition to the ornaments. Something I really appreciate! 


 Sidney was able to add many ornaments when she arrived home. Her placements were perfect and sweet Lincoln did great at just watching. Thank goodness! 
(Only lost 3 ornaments this year....so far). 


Seems that every few years, we have a good "tree story"....and this year we added another. 
The thing started tipping. Despite the mother of all tree stands I had to buy 5 years ago while Ryan stood holding up the tree waiting for my return (he still can't laugh at that story like I can!). 
After we had it all nice and decorated, we sat down for dinner and noticed "it's tipping"!
Crap. 
Ryan stood holding it, while I unscrewed the bottom in an attempt to reposition it. While still decorated (with only German glass ornaments!). I had enough smarts to take off the 2 most prized ornaments that I inherited from my grandmother. And snap a quick picture. 
With pine needles covering my head, I surfaced from beneath the tree and disaster was avoided! 


These three are so very loved and are our reason for celebrating this Christmas season! 

No comments: