Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Halloween 2015

Trick or treat has come and gone. Though we are into November, this tease of summer weather has me begging for July again! 
We prepped for Halloween by carving pumpkins...lots of them. The girls did great helping and here are a few of our finished products. 

The Friday before Halloween was the Harvest parties at school. With 2 in school, it means 2 separate parties at the exact same time (our school does all parties on the same day, at the same time). As lovely as that sounds, it means I can't be in 2 places at one time. And so, I have to alter my days volunteering in each class and then ensuring someone is around to watch Lincoln. Because let's be honest, adding him to the mix of chaos at school would prove disastrous! This time it was Sidney's turn to have me. I loved seeing her interact with her new (and some old) friends. 
Sidney and Emma

I arrived a tad early to help all those first graders get ready so when they were prepped and ready, I dashed over to Regan's class for a quick photo op. 
These girls are just fabulous. And their parents have become friends to us. 
Because it takes a village....
Josie, Abigail, Addyson, Regan, Kaitlyn and Becca

After a quick parade around the school, it was time to start the parties. Sidney took her hand at bowling, but first, Mr A had to chuckle and remind her to throw underhand! Our little softball player was winding up with that plastic pumpkin....


Here is her wonderful group of first grade friends. 


Once Halloween rolled around, my mom came up to help man the house while we took the kids out trick or treating. Lincoln was terribly unhappy as I put on his Dalmatian costume so I gave him a dum dum ("orje " his favorite) and he quickly cooperated for pictures. We made it about 15 houses before Lincoln asked to go home; eventually I got sad anyway as I realized for every 10 pieces of candy he received, he was able to eat maybe 1. 
Darn allergies.  
He was adorable chasing the girls from house to house, but what surprised us was his concern for "cows" (aka: cars) as we crossed the street all night. He refused to walk along the side of the street (then the next day he darted into our street after a ball without a care in the world!). The girls made a haul as they kept going for another hour. At the end of the night, we dumped the bags into a pile and I think we have enough candy for 6 months!  
 Happy Halloween! 


No comments: