Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spring nights

Ryan is on "close week" at work which translates into "just me and the girls" all evening. We have all sorts of crazy fun. And last night, with the weather so amazing, we did everything imaginable outside, starting with dinner on the deck. We moved to the front and did a little bowling which happens to collide well with Regan's gym class as they are working on bowling. 

Then we headed out for a long walk to soak up all the sun. Regan brought her scooter and I had to laugh as she kept complaining of her right leg being sore. I'd suggest she switch but she just couldn't figure out the coordination part. In due time....

The night ended with a lot of rolling down the ever so slight hill in our front yard. I laughed as I thought back to my brother and I doing the same thing so many years ago. In fact, I remember finding an old barrel and climbing inside as he gave me a shove down the hill! Round and round I went until I reached the bottom. I'm waiting for the day for the girls to discover something similar!


1 comment:

wallnebj said...

And sometimes I'd stand on top of that barrel, hanging onto the clothes line, and swing while you rolled down that hill. Then we'd fight over who got to ...( Fill in the blank). Ahh, fond memories. :-)