Sunday, November 22, 2009

Macy's display

Regan has an excellent memory, but I didn't realize it was this good. Keep in mind, she's only 3.5 years old.

It started last Friday, while putting Regan to bed she started asking me if we could go see the "hot air balloons". I asked her to tell me more of what she was asking, and she proceeded to talk about the big tall building, where we go up the elevator and then see the hot air balloons and the men moving back and forth. It dawned on me, that she was thinking of the Macy's display (yes, there are some hot air balloons and elfs moving during the display!). After doing a brief online check, we realized it opened the very next day!! What a smart girl to think "it's time to go see the display!". So this morning we headed downtown, and both girls were in awe.....
Walking into Santa's Workshop at "A day in the life of an elf"
A little scared at first, both girls absolutely loved the display, so much that we had to go through twice!

This one's for you Uncle Shane....."CHEESE!"

They weren't really grumpy, probably just upset that I made them stop for a pose!

Then at the very end, Regan got to write her very own letter to Santa! She wasn't brave enough to sit on his lap but she knew exactly what she wanted on that letter "THOMAS" as in Thomas the train. So she asked me to spell it out and then she signed her name!

And yes, I had tears running down my face as she put her little postcard into that red mailbox.

1 comment:

Kari Wendinger said...

I get tears just thinking about it. There's something about Christmas and Santa Claus that really gets me. :)