Thursday, January 21, 2021

Outdoor fun

We've been spending a LOT of time outside this winter: sledding, skating, you name it, we're doing it. And by "we", I mean ALL of us! I'm not one to love winter weather, but I'm embracing it because it's about the only way we can see other humans :) I'm even sporting a battery operated heated vest to keep me warm! 

Lincoln is a pro going down the big hill near our home. He loves going off the jumps that the big kids have created!




Everyone (and their brother) has been frequenting the frozen Centennial Lakes for some skating. It's big enough to keep our distance although the ice can be a bit a bit rocky sometimes. Lincoln loves to dodge people (aka: cut them off!) while he and Ryan are playing tag, weaving in/out racing up and down the ice. 


Regan convinced her softball teammates to trek down to the local sledding hill and join in some sledding and ice skating outdoor fun. Thankfully we didn't have to call Coach to report any significant injuries! Her bubble is incredibly small these days. And if she is spending 6 days/week with these girls, might as well get together outside for some fun! 


My little dare devil wants so badly to be successful in snowboarding the hill. I wish he'd try a smaller bunny-hill to start out. He's doing quite well! Might have to take him to the ski hill next! 


 If we're going to continue spending all this time outside, I may have to also invest in battery-powered socks and gloves! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GJ: It also helps that the weather isn't too brutal. Have fun.