Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Overnight guest

It's no secret that we have a favorite 4 legged friend around here. And when we get the opportunity to bring him over for a sleepover, we JUMP at it! This was the first time that Ryan was going to actually be home during his visit (we often try to time them when he's been traveling). But given that Angie was having surgery, it was easy to convince Ryan that I was bringing home an overnight guest :) 

I love how we stands and stares at me when we get into the truck on the drive home. I giggled as we drove along and every once in a while, I would see his head bob up and down in the rear-view mirror. 


He is such a sweet dog, and bonus....he matches our wood flooring! Baylor is a Golden Retriever, and he sheds a lot. But with his coat the same color as the flooring, at least you don't see it very much! 
Oh how we loved up on him for those 15 hours he was in our care. 

Ryan had to chuckle (Ryan is not a dog person) and asked me "does he just follow you everywhere?". Um, yep. 
I went to bathe Lincoln and turned around to see his smiling face at me. I snapped this photo and sent it to Angie who replied with "he's smiling!". 


And at the end of the night, he laid at the foot of the couch next to me. Regan had a late night of dance but hurried through her shower and homework so she could love up on Baylor before bed. If there's one of our kids who wants a dog the most, it's her. 


The next morning, as we got ready to head back to work, Baylor all dressed and obedient, Lincoln whined that he needed more time with Baylor. He stood by the door and gave him extra hugs before we headed back to the hospital for work :)
Thanks Angie for letting us keep Baylor overnight! 

No comments: