Thursday, January 26, 2017

One word

Well actually it's 3. One for each kid. As I put the kids to bed tonight, I rocked Lincoln and watched as his foot tapped up and down and couldn't help but think the same thing that I do every time I'm trying to get him to bed. Boy is he active. And it got me thinking, I bet there is one word that describes each of these kids right now. And so, here we go.....

I'll start with Lincoln since I already gave his away. This boy is active. From sunrise to beyond sunset, he doesn't stop moving. His mouth is going a mile a minute with questions and statements as he learns about the world around us. He even talks in his sleep!, crying out for someone to get him his truck, wondering where his trains are, etc. His body never stops either, he darts in and out of clothes racks at the store, runs ahead of me 99% of the time and his favorite game is "run get me!". He likes large movement games: run, throw, kick. Go big or go home. That's our boy!





Then there's Sidney. She is strong. She is strong-willed, strong-minded, and though she is little, that girl has some serious strength! I have told her time and again, some day those traits will take her far in life, but for right now, it's not always easy to be her mother :) She is determined and stubborn but thankfully cute and likeable.





Last is Regan. This one is passionate. She's learning about persuasion in school and puts her heart and soul into ideas. Good thing she isn't super convincing yet or we'd be on our way to pick out a puppy. But oh can she be intense and extreme this oldest child. It's all or nothing with her!


We love these three and their very distinctive personalities. They are unique and adorable in their own ways and we wouldn't want it any other way!

No comments: