Saturday, December 05, 2015

Christmas-time

During this Christmas holiday season, we always look for some fun festive (family friendly) activities to partake in as we soak in and prepare for Christmas. This year, I took the girls on a 'date' to Stages Theaters to see Charlie Brown Christmas. We debated bringing the whole family, but just couldn't predict how Lincoln would sit for it so we opted against and Ryan eagerly stayed home (during nap time) to watch the Vikings game instead! 
The girls and I had a wonderful date; I love doing things with these two! 


Tonight we hopped aboard the Lake Harriet Streetcar for their Vinternatt. It was a magical evening of lights and luminaries down the entire track. Lincoln was in his glory to ride the train, Sidney loved that Santa was on board and Regan is working her camera skills with her ipod and realizing it's tough to capture a moving object in the dark! 


Ryan gave me a little grief that I insisted on getting down there a little early. We waited in line only 15 minutes before the first train ride departed and we got right on. Little did we realize, that by the end of our ride, the line was well over double our wait! 
I got the last laugh on my "early arrival" plans! 



At the end of the ride, Santa thanked us for coming and reminded us about the true Christmas spirit. His words resonated deep inside of me, as I thought about all of the terrible things that have happened in the last few months around the world. And when he offered his Love, Peace and Joy, in hopes of bringing true Peace on Earth, I snuggled in a little tighter to this family of mine. 


Looking forward to making more holiday memories together. 
 Merry Christmas! 


No comments: