Tuesday, July 07, 2009

A night of "PLOPS!"

Tonight we headed down to Lake Harriet for ice cream, to watch the ducks and listen to some music. Wouldn't you know it, we had a little excitement along the way....

Ryan headed to concessions to get the ice cream while I waited outside with the stroller and Sidney. I moved the stroller about 2 inches and "PLOP" a bird pooped on the cup holder! YUCK. Good thing I moved when and where I did or that bird would've either 1) pooped on Sidney's head or 2 )pooped on my head! After getting the gigantic sized ice cream cones, we headed down next to the lake to watch the ducks and enjoy our treat.

I then asked Ryan to take a picture of me with the girls' messy faces and suddenly I hear "PLOP", he dropped the camera into Lake Harriet! Next thing I know, I'm screaming at him to jump in to save my camera! Ok, so I wasn't screaming and since the camera wasn't totally submerged, it was safe enough to jump along the ledge and grab it (notice I didn't say "save" it).....
Here's our last picture.....
The camera is not to be saved, we've lost it to Lake Harriet :( There's water in the lens and although I was able to take another picture, it's shut down for good now.
The good news is we get to go camera shopping this week!! If anyone has suggestions for an excellent camera, let me know :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Papa says "maybe just let it dry out"-it may recover

Ryan, Liz Regan and Sidney said...

A friend suggested putting it in the oven on low low low heat.....can't really hurt it at this point. The lens is actually stuck in the zoom position. Not good :(

Kari Wendinger said...

My dad took apart my cell phone and dried it with a hair dryer after I washed it in the wash machine and it still works!! Worth a try.