Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy Birthday daddy!






It was daddy's birthday today!! We bought him presents and even got a yummy German chocolate cake. I thought about making one, then realized we just stepped off an airplane yesterday and hardly have any food in the house, let alone ingredients to make that crazy cake. I then went on a hunt searching for German chocolate cakes. Those of you reading this from New Ulm are thinking "what's the big deal?, call a bakery". Well, not so easy as I found out. I finally found one and put it on hold until after work. Good thing I had it held because there weren't any others left in the store by the time I got there! After we went out for dinner we got out the cake, took pictures and let Regan lick the icing off the top....let's just say she's not a big fan of German chocolate frosting with coconut but she loved the chocolate frosting on the edges....Sidney too!




No comments: