Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Mother's Love

Tonight as I rocked Regan before bed, she looked up at me and said "I love you mommy" in the sweetest 2 year old voice of hers. It reminded me of all the love she has brought to our home in the last 2 years. I wanted to share her gift to me on this Mother's Day; she brought it home from daycare at the end of the week and was the most precious thing I could have received. All of the kids made their mommy's dish towels with their little hand prints on them. Attached to the towels, was a card with the following poem (and remember how pregnant I am so you can imagine the tears that came rolling down my cheeks!):

Sometimes I might upset you
Just because I am small
By leaving fingerprints of mine
On a table, chair or wall.
But everyday I grow a bit
And I'll be big one day
When all my fingerprints
Have long been cleaned away.
So keep these prints of my two hands
To help you to recall
Just how big my fingers were
That time when I was small.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: